Due to a historic lack of planning, Reading currently has a large shortage of primary school places.
Achievements to date:
- As a Parliamentary Candidate, Alok supported the bid by All Saints Infants School to expand its pupil numbers from 60 to 120 pupils and become a full primary school.
- Following the General Election, Alok supported the successful application to set up All Saints Junior School as one of the first Free Schools in the country.
- Alok supported Wilson Primary School’s bid for planning permission to enable the school to expand and to take on an additional 210 pupils.
Alok will continue to work with schools and local education groups to increase the number of primary school places that can offer children an excellent education.
“I was honoured to campaign alongside All Saints Action Group in its extremely successful campaign to open a new primary school, which was an excellent example of the great community spirit and can-do attitude in our town.”
- 'Shocked' All Saints forced council rethink
- Pride of Reading nomination for free school group
- All Saints Infants is first to apply to become an academy
- Lack of cash could scupper All Saints' School expansion
- All Saints Infant Schools plans to grow
- Approval for new school
- Victory for 'free school' campaigners